How would you describe your mission?
My mission is to make the use of bicycle a primary mode of transportation – the most frequently used method of transport for commuting to work, school, shopping, and life in general, also offer a degree of exercise to keep individuals healthy. With a bicycle, transportation becomes a side effect of maintaining a healthy body and gives us a pollution-free city. They allow average people to break the chains of car dependency. It is perhaps the most beneficial yet overlooked invention in human history. I will promote the benefits of green transportation and reduce traffic congestion in my city. There are some road accidents and death rate data can be found easily which makes people perceive cycling as dangerous, so I will try to implement cycle tracks and roads in my city.
What are the next steps now that you are the bicycle mayor?
1) Development of a cycle track network
2) Create cycle parking spaces around the city
3) Improve the cycling infrastructure within a 1 km radius of schools in order to increase the safety of children travelling to school
4) Implementation of projects to encourage employers to create conditions favourable for employees to commute by bicycle to work
5) To improve the citizens’ quality of life through focussing on health, mobility, safety and the living environment.